The Reverend Dr. Preston R. Winfrey is Senior Pastor of Pioneer Missionary Baptist Church, located in South Holland, Illinois. He was licensed to preach in February, 1974 at the FriendshipBaptist Church under the pastorate of Reverend Dr. Shelvin J. Hall. He relocated and reunited with the church he grew up in and served
as one of the Associated Ministers where he was ordained as a minister in 1978.
Reverend Dr. Preston R. & Dr. Gloria J. Winfrey
After serving faithfully as an Associate Minister at the Progressive Missionary Baptist Church then located in Altgeld Gardens, Chicago, Illinois, under the leadership of Reverend Dr. John D. Digby, Jr., the LORD placed Reverend Winfrey at the Pioneer Missionary Baptist Church, then located in Calumet Park, Illinois, in November 1981. The LORD moved upon the hearts of the Pioneer family to call Reverend Winfrey to be their next Pastor.
Reverend Winfrey came to this congregation in during their 10th year of existence and has served faithfully as the Pastor since that time. As a believer that laughter is good medicine, he has a marvelous sense of humor and is a people person.
Dr. Winfrey frequently responds to requests to present workshops and/or seminars in various areas, among them Christian Education and Music, and he speaks at churches locally, nationally and internationally.
About Dr. Winfrey:
- a family man
- a committed Christian
- a native Chicagoan, a musician who has served as National Organist in the Progressive National Baptist Convention, Inc. under four consecutive National Presidents
- Former Vice President of Chicago Baptist Institute
- Former Instructor: Introduction to Worship and Church Music, Chicago Baptist Institute
- Former President for the Baptist State Convention of Illinois, Inc.
- Member and President of SHMA (South Holland Ministerial Association)
- Former Vice President of the Congress of Christian Education of Progressive National Baptist Convention, Inc.
- Off-campus Field Supervisor for Seminary Interns studying at the McCormick Theological Seminary of Chicago
- A lifetime-honored member of Lexington's "Who's Who", selected because of his demonstrated leadership achievements
- Published Author of his 1st book "Take No Thought"
His personal theme has been and remains;
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation on to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Romans 1:16